Who is SanTan Solar?
We are a family-owned and operated business that sells new, used, repaired, refurbished, and overstocked solar panels. SanTan Solar developed a unique business plan by giving used solar panels a second life; Making solar affordable for everyone while simultaneously implementing a solution to our environmental crisis.
What is the significance of the name SanTan?
In the southeast valley of Phoenix, Arizona, lies SanTan Mountain. This desert mountain is no stranger to high temperatures and an abundance of sunshine and is the inspiration behind the name of SanTan Solar.
How SanTan Solar was born
SanTan Solar started in the electronic refurbishing industry, receiving used electronic goods to fix and resell. The owners, Bob and Minnie, received used solar panels in the hopes of recycling them. However, they realized the solar panels still worked. Instead of recycling the ones that still had life in them, they quickly found a solution – to repair or refurbish these solar panels. Thus, SanTan Solar’s mission was born.
Learn about our solar panels
Manufacturers create solar panels to last for 25-30 plus years. Different manufacturers have different specs. Most manufacturers claim that their panels will produce up to 80% for around 20 years!
The used commercial-grade solar panels come from solar farms, construction sites, decommissioning, or overstocked panels. Typically, the solar panels are 5-10 years old, meaning, customers can expect used solar panels to perform for 15-20 more years!
In the ‘how our warehouse process works‘ section, we will learn more about flash testing. In essence, we batch flash test the solar panels to ensure they meet or exceed their output level. Sometimes, customers face an underperforming solar panel. Don’t fret. Our customer service team can replace or refund the solar panel. If this is you, fill out our shipping or product claim.
Warranty and Solar Showroom locations
Since we are a third-party seller, the initial manufacturer warranty does not transfer. We offer a standard 1-year warranty on all solar panels. You can ask one of our experienced sales representatives about our 5-year warranty when visiting one of our solar showroom locations, or over the phone.
Yes, SanTan Solar has two locations now! Arizona is our primary home, however, we realized our customer base was growing. Customers from the east coast wanted to take advantage of the low solar prices and outstanding customer service we offer, so we decided to expand. Therefore, to accommodate our new customers, Savannah became a second home for SanTan Solar in 2021.
How our warehouse process works
Our growing warehouses bring an exciting vision to our customers who visit in person. Check out our newest YouTube video showing behind the scenes of our process from the time we receive the solar panels to the time an order is shipping out.
For our blog enthusiasts, follow along with our step-by-step process
- Firstly, the main warehouse in Arizona receives the solar panel shipment. Freight carriers drive to the back of the warehouse where our warehouse team awaits to unload the panels.
- Then, each panel goes individually through our custom washing contraption, which looks a lot like a car wash conveyor belt but for solar panels. This step washes away any leftover dirt from prior use.
- Afterward, we hand-dry the solar panels to perfection. This step is essential to ensure a clean quality product is delivered to our customers.
- After washing and hand-drying the solar panels, they are sorted and inspected for possible repairs.
- Then, we carefully carry the solar panels over a massive machine that sends a bright flash to the top of the surface—flashing the solar panel’s glass side, which reads the output level. The flash test provides the best output read when the solar panel has a clean glass surface. Since we receive large amounts of solar panel shipments, we batch test every 10th solar panel. The flash test ensures the solar panel meets or exceeds the output level and performs the way it should.
- By now, the solar panels have now been through rigorous steps and are ready for purchase.
- Finally, the solar panels are placed and stacked on a pallet for easy and convenient shipping. Heavy-duty cardboard pieces are placed on the corners of the frame to protect panels from shifting and moving during shipment. We ensure each order is secured by strapping the solar panels down to the pallet. For non-shipment orders, solar panels can get packed on a pallet. Interested to see how we prepare orders? Watch our TikTok Video.
As a growing family-owned and operated business, we value all of our customers. We want everyone to experience solar energy at an affordable price. Used solar panels offer just that. You can make the transition to solar for a fraction of the cost while reducing your carbon footprint and strengthening the economy at the same time.
For example, in the last 12 months, we’ve sold 171,336 solar panels. This is the carbon equivalent of 2.1 million trees planted or 24,892 homes’ electricity for one year! Imagine the difference that makes throughout the 25-year lifespan of a solar system.
Thank you for helping us make a difference. We hope to see you soon at one of our locations!
Hours: Monday-Friday from 7 am – 4 pm
West Coast: 596 E Germann Rd, Suite 101, Gilbert, AZ 85297
East Coast: 540 Jimmy Deloach Pwky, Suite 126, Savannah, GA 31407